- Multi user application: Ideal for personal information mashups, highly suitable for intranets.
- Multi Language: Picok comes with an Interface translated to English, German, French and Italian, and it is possible to add other additional languages.
- Extendible: Picok's clear structure and documentation make it easy to extend the application with custom portlets and contents.
- Administration Panel: Maintenance tasks can be carried out via a web inerface: add, remove and edit users; reset user profiles; add portlets and tabs to user profiles; configure the available RSS feeds; add, remove and edit portlets; disable portlets.
- Open Source: This means no licence fees and the freedom to use and change Picok's code as you see fit.
- Drag & Drop: Information is contained in draggable porlets
- Tabbed Interface: Allows creation, labeling and removing of tabs to organize different types of information.
- Portlet management: Add portlets from a predefined set.
- Tab management: Add, label and remove tabs
- Portlet auto refresh: Each portlet updates its content automatically in a predefined interval.
- Graded loading: Tabs and portlets are loaded separately to prevent a single tab or portlet to slow down the entire application.
- Portlet recommendations: Ability to recommend portlets in specific configurations to other users via email.
- Tested on Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer 6/7/8
- LAMP Stack: Typically build on Linux, Apache, PHP (5.1.6 required) and MySQL. MSSQL is also supported though.
- Okapi Framework: Okapi is a lightweight MVC framework that Picok is build on. Check out the Okapi project
- Authentication via Lotus Notes Token or integrated user registration.
- CSWT: Picok is a candidate for Certified Secure Web Technology with its second security audit by Dreamlab planned shortly after the release.
There are various Portlets, here a few examples or checkout the full list of all portlets:
Would you like to have a summary of your favourite newspapers on your frontpage? Then feedreader is the portlet for you.
Picok contains 3 Portlets that communicate with Lotus Notes. They display your E-Mails, To-Do's and appointments. They refresh themselves automatically so that you are always up to date. A click on an appointment, email or todo takes you directly to your Lotus Notes inbox.
You have to organise a meeting with people beyond your network? No problem for Doodle. Make meeting requests through email in a very intuitive way. Thanks to the Doodle Portlet you'll always have this neat tool right on your homepage.
Another portlet from Picok is the easy to use currency converter. It automatically refreshes the currencies in the background so you won't have to worry about how the Euro has changed today. It calculates the result immediately when you type in a value so theres no need to press a button each time a new value is entered.